OBJECTIVE TYPE QUESTIONS :
1. The lowest pay Scale in railway is ___________________
2. New Pension scheme has come into effect from_______________
3. E.S ____________ deals with the latest schedule of powers on Establishment matters in Railway.
4. The General Manager of the South Eastern Railway is __________________
5. A person convicted by a court of law can be removed from service without conducting enquiry in terms of Ruls_________ of D&A rules 1968.
6. Central Administrative Tribunals were established with effect from___________
7. The official languages Act. Was passed in the year ______________
8. ____________percent of post are required to be reserved for Physically Handicapped Category.
9. The Enquiry in a D&A case should be conducted on terms of Rule________of D&A rules 1968.
10. The lowest competent authority to approved grant of compassionate appointment to a divorced daughter of the Ex-employee is _________________
11. Pay fixation on promotion from a lower to a higher grade is done in terms of FR_____________
12. In a normal selection where mode of selection, is written test only, the Record of service shall carry _______ marks in terms of latest instructions.
13. An employee can be taken up for bringing outside political influence in service matters in terms of Rule__________ of Rly. Service conduct Rules.
14. SF___________ is used for appointment of Enquiry Officer in a Major Penalty Case.
15. An employee was drawing Rs.6500/- as his emoluments at the time of his death after 6 years of service. The amount of Death Gratuity payable to him will be Rs__________.
16. The pay scale of a Gang-mate of Engineering Dept. is ______________
17. The selection Board should consist of JAG officers for selection to posts in Scale________________ and above.
18. Compassionate appointment in the case of missing employee can be processed after_________ months from the date of missing of the employee.
19. The present rate of Dearness Allowance is _________ Percent.
19. An employee convicted by a court of law can be removed from service without holding an enquiry in terms of Rule _________ of D&A Rules, 1968.
21. E.S 57/2000 deals with _________________.
22. The staff of S.E.Rly. Co-operative Society who has completed 15 years of service will be eligible for issue of _________ sets of Privilege passes every year.
23. The Principal Bench of Central Administrative Tribunal is at __________.
24. The qualifying service calculated for grant of pensionary benefit of an employee who has takes voluntary retirement after 25 years of service will be ________ years.
25. All kinds of leave takes together cannot exceed ______ months at one time.
26. Maximum amount of LAP which can be granted at one time can not exceed __________ days.
27. The maximum numbers of stagnation increments which can be granted are ____________.
28. The participants in PREM meeting are ------------
29. Maximum amount of LAP that can be taken at a time is _____
30. Rightsizing implies.
31. only live permanent post can be surrendered. ( True/False)
32. Statutory canteen id required where no. of employees is .................. .
33. SBF Committee consists of ......................
34. Medical Category for Gangman is ....................
35. EA on CG for missing cases can be processed after .....................
36. Any Rly. Dues of a retirement employee can be recovered from (i) DCRG only. (ii) DCRG and Commuted value of pension or (iii) Last month’s Salary.
39. General Selection implies
40. Show the division of DRQ/DPQ and LDCE in this hypothetical cadre. Category Santioned Strength
41. SCL for sportspersons I available for ____________ days in a year.
42. Safety Related Retirement Scheme is available for which categories ?
43.Salary payment through banks is essential/non-essential for the Gr.C employees in South Eastern Railway.
44. An employee’s ACR can be filled by his supervisory authority only if he has worked under his for a minimum period of __________.
45. Matching surrender required for creation of posts for new assets is in the ratio ________.
46. IRLDA stands for ......................
47. Joining time admissible in the case of temporary transfer not exceeding 180 days is _____________.
48. Provision of an attendant to a Railway employee referred to Rly. or recognized hospital may be considered by the authorized medical officer depending upon the severity of the case ( True/False )
49. No Railway servant shall be granted leave of any kind for a continuous period exceeding ____________.
50. In no circumstances shall the resignation of a Railway servant whose conduct is under investigation be accepted without the sanction of the authority competent to dismiss him. (True/false).
51. The headquarter of a Railway servant under suspension is his last place of duty( True/False ).
52. A Rly servant who has acquired lien on a post ceases to retain lien on that post while on foreign service. ( True/False ).
53. Extraordinary leave granted on Medical Certificate can be converted retrospectively into “ leave not due “( True/False).
54. Hospital leave is granted to Rly. servants other than in _______ or ________.
55. No Rly. servant shall accept any gifts as per Rule________of Rly. conduct Rules.
56. Accident allowance is admissible to running staff who are held up at any station other than their HQ due to an accident for a period exceeding.
57. Example of a major penalty.
58. Change in name of a female Rly. servant consequent to her marriage can be done with the personal approval of CPO.( True/False ).
59. Hutting allowance is admissible during accidents to the affected Rly. servants(True/False ).
60. IRCTC stands for......
61. Competent authority to remove OS-II is under D&A is .................
62. PREM stands for ............................
63. JCM stands for ..........................
64. TDS .......................
65. Khalasi Helper is now redesignated as __________________.
66. Provision for warm clothing allowance exists when an employee is transferred from plains to hiss ( True/False.)
67. Adhoc promotion can be granted with the approval of CPO for a period of _____________.
68. Laundry allowance to nurses will not be admissible if the period of leave exceeds 15 days at a time ( True/False ).
69. Present Rate of DA is __________.
70. change in name due to clerical error can be rectified at the Divisional Level itself ( True/False ).
71. MPP ...............
72. SLP ..............
73. OS-II post is a selection/non-selection post.
74. Revocation of suspension is done through form________.
75. An employee who has passed a suitability test once need not be called again (True/False).
76. Appeal against the order of CAT lies in ________________.
77. only women can be members of Vishaka Committee (True/False.)
78. Chairman of SBF committee at Zonal level is _____________.
79. CTG is equivalent to only one month’s basic salary ( True/False.)
80. TC from unrecognized school is acceptable for EA on CG ( True/False)
81. Promotion can be effected during punishment (True/False)
82. Allotment of Qr. is done on the basis of Seniority/date of application.
83. The highest pay scale in railway is Rs. 30,000/- fixed.
84. Employment assistance in case of a missing employee can be granted with the approval of DRM.
85. Gr.D employee who retires after 10 years of qualifying service shall be eligible for grant of 2 sets of Post retirement Complimentary passes in a year.
86. The pay scale of a technician –III in 4000-6000/-.
87. It is permissible for the same office to both set of questing paper and evaluate the answer in a selection.
88. An employee is not eligible for pension if he is compulsorily retired from service.
89. Compassionate appointment in the case of missing employee can be processed after _________months from the date of missing of the employee.
90. The present rate of Dearness Allowance is _________ percent.
91. An Employee convicted by a court of law can be removed from service without holding an enquiry in terms of Rule_______of D&A Rules,1968.
92. E.S. 57/2000 deals with ____________.
93. The staff of S.E.Rly. Co-operative Society who has completed 15 years of service will be eligible for issue of __________ sets of Privisege passes every year.
94. The Principal Bench of Central Administrative Tribunal is as __________.
95. The qualifying service calculated for pensionary benefit of an employee who has taken Voluntary retirement after 25 years of service will be ___________ years.
96. All kind of leave takes together cannot exceed___________months at once.
97. Maximum amount of LAP which can be grated at one time can not exceed ___________ days.
98. The maximum number of stagnation increments which can be granted are ________________.
99. Write full forms of the following :-
DESCREPTIVE TYPE QUESTIONS :
1. Discuss the salient features of the New Pension Scheme.
2. Discuss the various modules of Prime ? In your opinion, how will PRIME help in efficient punctioning of Personnel Dept.
3. Discuss the main provisions related to compassionate appointment. In your opinion, what are the bottlenecks in speedy disposal of Comp. Appt. cases.
4. (a ) How change of classification is done under Hours of Work and periodic rest(HWPR)
(b) How duty roster is prepared and what is the rule of payment of overtime allowance ?
5.As a Personnel Inspector how would you promote use of Hindi in Office and write monetary & non-monetary incentives to promote use of Rajbhasha ?
6.What do you mean by compassionate appointment ? what procedure is adopted
for giving compassionate appointment in case of missing employee ? How will
you reduce the cmpassionate appointment cases pending in your division ?
7.Who are workmen under W.C.Act. 1923 ? Under what circumstances an
employer is liable to pay compensation to workman employed under him ?
8.Briefly discuss the role of Personnel/Welfare Inspector in staff matters ?
9. That date of birth of Shyamal is 06.3.1946 . While he was on Scale of Rs.
6500-10500/- his basic pay was Rs. 7100/- . He was promoted to the scale Rs.
7450-11500/- on 01.01.2006.. on the date of superannuation he will complete
31. yrs. 7 months qualifying service. ( a) Calculate retirement Pension , (b)
Calculate retirement gratuity.( c) Calculate Commutation value of Pension.
10. Draft a major penalty chargesheet to be issued to Sri Buddha Dasgupta, Head
Clerk, for unauthorized absence. His attendance for last months is shown
Jan:- LAP- 12.1.06 to 16.1.06 , CL- 21.1.06. LWP- 22.1.06 to 31.1.06.
Feb :- LAP – 3.2.06 to 5.2.06, LWP – 8.2.06 to 18.2.06.
Mar :-CL – 11.3.06 LWP – 12.3.06 to 31.3.06.
11. a) What are the monetary incentives for use of Hindi?
b) How will you increase use of Hindi . Give suggessions ?
12.a) What is the difference between selection and suitability? Discuss with
separate examples for both .
b ) Trade test is done in which categories / cases ?How is it done ?
13. Discuss the provisions for absorption of
i. Medically dectegorised staff.
ii. Staff rendered surplus.
14. a) What is seniority ? How it is affected in case of transfer- own request,
Mutual , administrative?
b) NBR and Pfroforma fixation.
15. Suggest 5 practical measures to encourage use of Hindi in normal day to day
16. Sri Kumar has been selected as ASM and has finished theoretical training. He
is posted as ASM in ADA division. Before taking independent charge, he
applies for Extra ordinary leave for 2 years as he wishes to appear for Civil
Service Exams. Give the provisions relating to EOL, its admissibility and
discuss if Sri Kumar is eligible for EOL as applied for.
17. What procedure is followed for grant of compassionate appointment ? Show
the steps in a chart and suggest if any steps can be eliminated or combined to
reduce time and duplication.
18. A diesel Loco shed has proposed for creation of additional 224 posts
consisting of 50 supervisors, 120 technical and 54 Gr.D staff. Yardstick may
be assumed to be 4.6 per loco.
What are the issues you will raise in your note to Sr.DPO as in charge of
Cadre dept ? or what quires will you ask from the shed in charge ?
Assume only this much information is available to you.
19. What benefits are admissible to staff at the time of retirement ?
20. Discuss the various provisions of Official Language Act.
21. Discuss workman’s compensation Act. With respect to the following:
a. Conditions in which compensation is payable
b. Definition of Workman
c. “in course of an during “employment “.
d. Procedure for dealing with Compensation cases.
22. Brief history of the case of Sri V K Rao is given. Prepare parawise remarks .
Brief History :- Sri V K Rao was working as KSI(H) under SE(W)NW/KGP . He expired on 20.8.85 while in service leaving behing following members :
Smt. Kavitha Wife
Sri K S Rao Son
Smt. Lalitha Married daughter.
Sri K S Rao was minor at the time of death of the employee. DOB being 15.7.75.
Application for Employment assistance was made on 13.3.04 to Sr.DPO/KGP. Another representation was sent on 22.11.04. Both appeals were regretted since the case was time barred. Application dated 13.3.04 was not received in the office.
23. a) How change of classification is done under Hours of Work and Periodic rest(HWPR) ?
b) How duty roster is prepared and what is the rule for payment of overtime allowance ?
24. As personnel Inspector how would you promote to use of Hindi in office and write monetary and non-monetary incentives to promote use of Rajbhasa ?
25. What do you mean by comassionate appointment in case of a missing employee ? How will you reduce the compassionate appointment case pending in your division ?
26. Who are workman under W.C.Act 1923 ? Under what circumstances an employer is liable to pay compensation to workman employed under him ?
27. Briefly discus the role of personnel /Welfare Inspector in staff matters ?
28. The date of birth of Shyamal is 06.03.1946. While he was on Scale Rs. 6500- 10500/- his basic pay was Rs. 7100/- . He was promoted to the Scale Rs. 7450-11500/- on 01.01.2006. on the date of supernnuation he will complete 31 Yrs., 7 months qualifying service.
a) Calculate retirement pension.
b) Calculate retirement gratuity.
c) Calculate Commutation Value of Pension.
Relevant Para of OA preferred by Smt. Kavitha
1.1. That the husband of the applicant unfortunately expired on 20.8.85 while in service. That the son of the applicant made a representation before competent authority enclosing a copy of death certificate of his father stating his death.
1.2. The he made a representation seeking compassionate appointment in his favour.
1.3. That, the DRM(P) informed that compassionate assistance could not be considered since the application was not made within the prescribed limit of 5 yrs. from the date of death.
1.4. That, the applicant again made an appeal that considering the poor financial condition of family, case may be considered sympathetically.
29. Suggest 5 practical measures to encourage use of Hindi in day to day working.
30. Sri Rao has made an appeal to ADRM. The facts are as follows :-
He was declared unsuitable in modified suitability test conducted to fill up vacancies due to Restructuring since he was undergoing punishment of reduction to lowest stage in time scale of pay 3050-4590. He also had a vigilance case pending on 1.11.03 against him.
Sri Rao has appealed that since his punishment was effected from 4.12.03, he may be granted promotion.
Put up a note discussing the issues involved.
31. What is annual cadre review ? Is it done for all categories ?
32. Settlement payment of Lt. Shri V Khana is being processed in the name of his wife Smt. Usha Khanna. However, 1 day before the payment can be made, a lady claims she is the real wife of Lt. Shri Khanna. You are OS/Settlement.
Put up a note discussion of issues and the possible solution.
33. What types of allowances are admissible to nursing staff ?
34. Give 2 examples each of states in A, B & C categories for purposes of Rajbhasa.
35. The cadre of supervisory category in Elect (TRD ) is as under Category Sanc. St. on Roll.
SSE 5 3
SE 10 2
JE-I 18 12
JE-II 28 34
You have to conduct a selection for section Engineer, do the following:
a. Assessment if vacancies/No. of candidates to be called.
b. Nomination of selection Board.
c. Instructions for setting question paper and evaluation.
d. Competent authority to approved panel.
e. Preparation of a tabulation sheet.
36 .Brief history of the case of Smt. P Prasanna is given . Prepare parawise ramarks.
Brief History : The husband of the applicant died on 12.11.05. The applicant made a representation dt. 25.1.06 requesting for EA on CG. She was asked to submit the requisite documents including the Death certificate.
She requested CMS/KGP to issue the death certificate by post since the original was lost. CMS informed her that certificate of death is issued only after submission of relevant documents ie. Medical Certificate for cause of death and creation certificate is handed over by the applicant. In no circumstances, is it sent through postal services.
Relevant Para of OA preferred by Smt. Prasanna.
1.1. The applicant submits that she is the legally wedded wife of the exemployee.
They were marred in the presence of village elders and they have two children aged 7 and 5 respectively.
1.2. The applicant’s husband was not looking after her properly. Hence she was compelled to stay in her mother’s house but used to go to her husband to get financial help.
1.3. The applicant came to know that after the death of her husband, here husband’s sister collected the death certificate from the Rly hospital and being in grief, she was not aware of the fact.
1.4. then she submitted a representation to Sr.DPO for employment assistance and she was orally advised to submit death certificate. Hence she submitted representation to issue her death certificate but it was denied to her.
1.5. That the respondents know that the death certificate has been given to the ex-employees sister but deliberately they are harassing her and denying pension & pensionary benefits.
37) Describe various features of NPS.
38) Describe about implementation of 6th PC.
39) Describe about Promotion & MACP after implementation of 6th PC.
Give short answers :
1. What is SLP ?
2. What does ALK stand for? When is it admissible ?
3. Deemed suspension is done in which conditions?
4. What is for 16 ?
5. How is LDCE different from general or departmental selections ?
6. What is succession certificate ? when is it required ?
7. What is gallantry pass ?
8. Which cases are referred to as DPG cases ?
9. In what circumstances is one eligible for ex-gratia pension ?
10. Give examples of any 2 permissible deductions from wages under the PW
11. Change of classification under HOER.
12. Job Analysis.
13. Rule 14(2) of DAR.
14. Absorption of medically decategorised staff.
15. Assessment of vacancies for a selection post.
16. Constitution of SBF committee at Divisional level.
17. Para 3.3. of official language Act.
18. What is Freedom fighter pass ?
19. How is the New Pension scheme different from the earlier scheme ?
20. What is PAN ?
21. What is Personal Pay ?
22. What is meant by Audit Para ?
23. What is para 3.3. of official language Act. ?
24. What do you understand by redundant categories ? give and example ?
25. Give two examples of non-selection posts .
26. What is the difference between removal and dismissal from service ?
27. What are the different classifications under HOER ?
28. Work Study.
29. Redeployment of surplus staff.
30. Refusal of promotion for selection post.
31. Classified seniority list.
32. Outstation (Relieving) allowance.
33. Procedure for change in name.
34. Incentives for use of Hindi.
35. What is MACP?
Write short Notes
a) Section 3(iii) of Official languages Act.
b) Hindi Training scheme.
c) Ex-gratia Pension.
d) Staff benefit fund.
e) Study Leave.
f) Grievance Redressal Machinery in railways.
g) Compassionate Allowance.
h) Workmen’s Compensation Act.
j ) PREM
l ) Railway Services(pension) Ammendment Rules, 2006.
m)Payment of Wages (Amendment ) act, 2005.
n) Bench Marking
o) Dies non.
p) Leave Not due.
q) Public-Private partnership.
s)Review of service at 55 yrs of Age.
t)Out of turns allotment of Quarter
w) Hospital committee.
x)Provision of Pass for union office bearers.
y)Minor Penalty under D&A rules.
A)Railway Services(pension) Amendment Rules-2006,